Some random images, and even more random thoughts, from this week’s CurveExpo lingerie show in New York:
- If this show was a competition (it’s not) and I was a judge (I’m not), the Best in Show award would go to Made By Niki‘s spectacular collection of fringe-string body pieces. We’ll have more to say about this later; for now, that’s designer Niki McMorrough below with one of her string creations.
- The Betsey Johnson Intimates booth was pure fun, all decked out like a girl’s bedroom. Loved the cheetah print micro-fleece robe from BJ’s upcoming holiday collection, too.
- Desert island dilemma: pretend you have to choose only one kimono from the new collections by Josie Natori, Samantha Chang or Christine Vancouver. I know, impossible.
- As a proud Canadian, we are enormously proud of both Blush and La Fée Verte, two Montreal brands who enhance their profile with each new collection. Can’t wait to tell you more about the fall lines from both!
- It was great to see collections from Amulette and Mahla, two relative newcomers from Colombia. We would just love to see more South American brands (especially swimwear) make the trip north for these shows.
- Pull-In seemed really out of place at this show, but was probably more fun than any other brand on display. Their Marvel Comics printed underwear gave me the best laugh of the show.
- Finally got to see the fall collection, Souvenir, from Zinke Intimates, which will almost certainly be a smash. Their spring line, Collins Avenue, ships to stores next week but several pieces in the collection are already sold out.
- Making-lemonade-from-lemons award goes to B Wilson of Just B Beautiful in Philadelphia. When the social media seminar was canceled at the last minute because the guest speaker was in hospital, audience member B bravely took the microphone to talk about her experiences in redesigning her store website and using social media to promote her business. A ‘real-world’ example that proved just as instructive as any guru’s advice.
- The softest fabric I touched all week might have been a Blue Canoe top made from recycled pop bottles. Truly remarkable.
- Other memorable, random faves that we’ll talk about later: Dirty Dolls, La Fille d’O, Jenna Leigh, Gerbe, too many more to list!
Now, on to the photo gallery!
Ana Jordao of StressOut activewear from Portugal.
Murielle Scherre of Belgium label La Fille d’O.
Jen Clark (left) and Arin Robinson of Zinke Intimates talk to buyers.
Some of Pull-In’s crazy prints.
A pair of models compare notes.
Sorry, I don’t think we carry that band size!